JCI World Congress 2019 (hereinafter WC) is organized by JCI Estonia MTÜ together with JCI International.
This document sets out the terms and conditions between JCI Estonia MTÜ and WC conference and workshops ticket holders.
By purchasing a ticket for WC conference and/or workshops you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
JCI Estonia MTÜ reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted to this website. This version of terms and conditions for JCI Estonia MTÜ is applicable from October 17, 2018.
HOW TO BUY
* Visit events website jciwc2019.com and choose a ticket to buy.
* Before going to payment all users can see the final price with no VAT and have to confirm that they have read and agree with terms and conditions.
* After filling the form, agreeing with terms and conditions subjects are directed to Makecommerce.net website where they can choose an appropriate way of payment.
* After making a payment subjects will receive invoice and ticket to their email and will be directed to thank you page of the website.
All prices indicated on the jciwc2019.com website are in euros. In registration no VAT 20% will be added to the purchase. You will see the total amount before making payment.
After successful purchase a personal QR code is sent. This must be presented at the badge pick-up and shown on request to gain admission to the event venue. If no such verification is provided, the purchased ticket is invalid, and the person will not be granted access to the event.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
According to the Obligations Law § 53 lg 4 p 7.2m all tickets are non refundable.
However, it is possible to allocate the ticket to a third party if the ticket has been fully paid. Ticket holder name, company or any other information can be changed by each ticket holder by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each new ticket holder will then receive the confirmation e-mail.
Please note that changes to ticket holder details can be made only until 3 days prior to the event.
The tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. In case of re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), JCI Estonia MTÜ reserves the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
WC online store accepts only EUROs and uses the Maksekeskus AS (Makecommerce.net) payment system.
The following methods of payment are available in the online store:
Online bank links of SEB, Swedbank, Luminor (ex-Nordea), LHV
MasterCard and VISA credit cards
Pay by invoice, the term of payment is 7 days net. This option is possible, if you make a request to email@example.com.
JCI Estonia MTÜ may request verification of payment for the purpose of resolving possible disputes about the purchase.
ENTERING THE EVENT
After purchasing a ticket for WC conference or workshops you will receive an automatically generated registration confirmation and the tickets which are sent to you email. This confirmation including a unique bar code should be kept for acclaiming your WC badge that will grant access to the conference and/or workshops.
Pick-up for badges is in the beginning of the conference/workshops at the location. When picking up the badge the customer must present the e-mail ticket (can be printed or showed on the phone) with the unique bar code.
EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
While speakers and topics are confirmed at least 1 month before the conference, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, JCI reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
If the event is being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (force majeure), ticket buyers will be refunded the total price of the purchased ticket(s). JCI does not hold itself liable for any other expenses incurred.
In case of rescheduling WC conference, tickets may be returned by a deadline to be determined by JCI Estonia MTÜ.
JCI Estonia MTÜ will not be liable for any loss injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused. JCI Estonia MTÜ will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. Each participant must make provision for his or her own insurance.
JCI Estonia MTÜ reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behavior, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Company responsible for processing personal data is JCI Estonia MTÜ (registry code 80089741), located at Parda tn 8, 10151 Tallinn, Estonia. Contact phone +372 53 485 717, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
JCI Estonia MTÜ is transferring necessary personal data to make payments to responsible processor of Maksekeskus AS.
COMPOSITION OF PERSONAL DATA
JCI Estonia MTÜ shall collect the following types of personal data:
* personal data given to JCI Estonia MTÜ by the data subject (name, e-mail address, phone number, company/university, position/student number);
* personal data made clearly public by the data subject (e.g. in social media);
* personal data received from third persons;
* JCI Estonia MTÜ
PURPOSE AND GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
* JCI Estonia MTÜ (hereinafter JCI) processes personal data only by consent of the data subject or by law.
* By consent, JCI processes personal data exactly within the limits, scope and purposes specified by the data subject. As regards consents, JCI acts are based on the principle that each consent must be clearly distinguishable from other questions, in an understandable and easily accessible form, in a plain and simple language. The data subject gives consent by ticking the box on the website.
* personal data received from third persons;
* JCI collects personal data to deliver purchases and identify ticket owners.
* E-mail is used to deliver tickets.
* Name is used to identify ticket holders.
* Phone number is used (if given voluntarily by the subject), to contact subject in case he/she is not reachable through email and important information regarding the event is needed to pass on to the subject.
* Company and position (if given voluntarily by the subject) are used to print on badge and to analyze who attended the event, to improve the lineup in the future. If subject does not wish their name, company name and/or position to appear on your conference badge, he/she should contact email@example.com.
* Subjects network parameters are used to conduct statistical analysis regarding from where, when and how long did subjects stay at the site.
DISCLOSURE OF AND /OR TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PERSONS
JCI cooperates with persons to whom the company may transfer data relating to data subjects, including personal data, in the framework and for the purpose of cooperation.
These third persons may be, for example: IT partners, bookkeeper, service providers for debt collection, payment failure registries, institutions and organizations, provided that:
* their purpose and the processing are legal;
* personal data processing is carried out in accordance with JCI’s instructions and under a valid contract.
SECURITY MEASURES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
JCI shall store personal data only for the strict minimum necessary time. Personal data, the expiry date of which has passed, will be destroyed, using best practices and in accordance with the procedures established by JCI.
Access to personal data is only for people involved in organizing the event (both IT and coordinators), to pass on relevant information regarding the event to the subjects, print badges and organize subjects to workshops.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Rights related to the consent:
* The consent to allow the processing of personal data may be withdrawn by the data subject at any time.
As regards the processing of personal data, the data subject also has the following rights:
* The right to receive information, or the right of the data subject to obtain information about personal data collected on them.
* The right to demand the correction of inaccurate data.
* The right to delete data, that is, in a certain case, the data subject has the right to require that personal data be deleted, for example, if processing is done only on the basis of their consent.
STORING THE DATA
Within a year after the event all personal data will be deleted, expect in a situation when it is needed for bookkeeping or resolving a dispute.
Data that is needed for bookkeeping is saved for 7 years.
General, unpersonalised, data about who attended the event (job positions, companies) is kept as statistical information regarding this years event, to make decisions regarding future events.
RESOLVING A DISPUTE
In case you have any questions or problems regarding how personal data is being managed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.